Azerbaijan is one of the spectacular countries in Asia. It makes people go wow because of its beauty. For sure, it attracts thousands of tourist each year. It is regarded as a trans-continental country which means it is distributed between two zones; West Asia and Eastern Europe. It has the stunning Caspian Sea to the East. With natural beauty as well as manmade wonders, Azerbaijan can be a fun place for tourists. We will let you know some amazing facts about the country and also when to visit it and when not to.
This article elaborates on the issues you can face when you have no idea about the climate of a country. There should be a proper schedule to keep an eye on the weather to have a peaceful time. The reason behind all this is that a person spends a huge amount of money but if the expenditure goes against his expectations, so that can disappoint him.
Some Major Attractions of Azerbaijan:
Azerbaijan attracts tourists in a large number each year. The country has both natural and man-made aspects for attracting all the visitors from around the world. If you ever visit this country, then do visit the places mentioned below, and do not forget to explore the restaurants:
- The mud volcanoes
- The shores of the beautiful Caspian Sea
- Breath-taking landscapes
- The Mount Bazarduzu
- Baku and its Flame Towers
- Heritage sites
- Baku seaside parks
- Absheron National Park
- Gobustan (the Stonehenge of Azerbaijan)
- Water-based activities at Nabran
- Restaurants with delicious food
The Worst Time to Visit Azerbaijan vs. the Best Time:
Despite all its attractions, Azerbaijan also has the time of the year which is a huge loss for the country’s tourism. You will find the lowest number of tourists in January, February, and March. These seasons are quite cold in Azerbaijan and people cannot ruin their vacations with all the freezing temperatures around. The tourists are still not more in number till April. In this country, the winters have snowfalls that make life difficult even for the Azerbaijani inhabitants. Overall, this the worst time to visit Azerbaijan.
From May to October, you can come across the highest number of tourists in the country. Hence, if you are planning to spend your vacations in Azerbaijan, then please have the concept of climate in this region. Choose the summer season as it’s the best option for travelers to enjoy their holidays.
Impact of Climate on Tourism:
Tourism can be badly impacted by the change in climate. Winter seasons are the ones which have the least number of tourists. Cold weather can affect your vacations as most of the tourist spots would be freezing. Especially in Azerbaijan, which is the coldest in its winter seasons. So, it must be clear what is the worst time to visit Azerbaijan.
If in Azerbaijan, what to do?
- You can explore the capital city Baku, by visiting the Flame Towers. These towers are made with thousands of LED screens.
- You can visit the heritage sites; that are from the 12th and 13th centuries. There are stunning palaces and historic shops with one of the best architecture of ancient times.
- You can explore the national parks located in many regions of the country. These national parks are comprised of a huge biodiversity of plants and animals.
- You can even see the famous mud volcanoes of Azerbaijan. The fun fact is that there are around 350 mud volcanoes in this country, which is very interesting!
- You can try Azerbaijani cuisine, which has some delicious food items such as; Piti (a type of soup), Dushbara (dumplings), Saj Ichi (flatbreads), Buglama (a tasty stew), Dolma (vegetables with stuffing), and many more. You should grab a bite of this mouth-watering cuisine.
In a nutshell, Azerbaijan is one of the best options for tourism. Despite all the attractions, you need to be cautious of the climate in the country. You should plan according to the weather in the region because this planning can make your vacation hassle-free. The worst time to visit Azerbaijan is the phase from November to April, which is the winter season. Comparatively, the appropriate time to visit this country is the summer season, ranging from May to October.
What is the worst time to visit Azerbaijan?
The winter season in Azerbaijan is the most unpleasant time to visit. It extends from November to almost half of April.
When is the best time to visit Azerbaijan?
The summers are best for having a vacation in Azerbaijan. The summer period is from May to October. You can enjoy these months as the climate is hot and pleasant.
Are there any famous places in Azerbaijan to Visit?
Yes, there are many tourist’ attractions in Azerbaijan, such as its capital Baku, shores of the Caspian Sea, heritage sites, mud volcanoes, landscapes, and much more.
Is Azerbaijan tourist-friendly?
Yes, Azerbaijan is safe for travelers. It attracts many tourists yearly, as it has got some of the amazing areas to explore and the weather is also pleasant.