Tekitha is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actress who gained fame in the 1990s as a member of the hip hop trio TLC. She has amassed significant wealth through her music career spanning over two decades. Here is an overview of Tekitha’s net worth, biography, age, height, career highlights, and other details about her life and work.
Biography and Background
Tekitha was born Tekitha Darryl Lynn Howard on May 4, 1972 in Atlanta, Georgia. She is currently 50 years old. Her stage name “T-Boz” was coined from her childhood nickname “T-Boz” which was given to her by her family due to her health struggles related to sickle cell anemia.
Tekitha met Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes in high school and the two joined forces with Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas to form TLC in 1990. The group went on to become one of the best-selling American girl groups, selling over 85 million records worldwide. Their hit songs include “Waterfalls,” “No Scrubs,” “Unpretty,” and “Creep.”
- In 1992, TLC released their debut album “Ooooooohhh… On the TLC Tip” which sold over 6 million copies worldwide. Tekitha co-wrote several songs on the album.
- Their 1994 album “CrazySexyCool” was certified diamond and won two Grammy awards, cementing TLC’s status as superstars.
- Tekitha has appeared in films like “ATL” and “Waist Deep” as well as TV shows including “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
- She has released solo singles sporadically including “Touch Myself” in 1996 which reached #42 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- In 2017, Tekitha released her debut solo album “T-Boz” after years of delays.
- She reunited with Chilli for a TLC residency show in Las Vegas titled “TLC: Live” which began in 2019.
Tekitha Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Tekitha has a net worth of $500 thousand as of 2022. The bulk of her wealth has come from TLC’s album sales and touring over the past three decades. She has also earned from her film and TV roles as well as solo musical projects.
However, Tekitha has faced financial troubles at times primarily due to health issues. She filed for bankruptcy in 1995 during TLC’s peak fame, citing debts from medical bills for her sickle cell anemia treatment. Tekitha was still able to recover and build her net worth back up through TLC’s continued success.
Height and Other Details
- Height: 5′ 2″ (1.57 m)
- Full Name: Tekitha Darryl Lynn Howard
- Birthdate: May 4, 1972
- Birth Place: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Nationality: American
- Partner: Mack 10 (2000-2004)
- Children: 1 daughter, Chase Anela Rolison
In summary, Tekitha has accumulated a modest net worth of half a million dollars through her iconic music career with TLC and other endeavors. She has managed to bounce back after bankruptcy and health issues to build wealth as a solo artist. With TLC’s popular Vegas residency show ongoing, Tekitha continues to earn and cement her status as a pioneering woman in hip hop.