Alison Hammond is an English television personality, presenter and actress best known for being a contestant on Big Brother 3 and for being a presenter on This Morning. With her fun-loving personality and bold sense of style, Alison has become a beloved media figure in the UK.
|English television personality
|5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
|Date Of Birth:
Alison Hammond’s Net Worth
Alison Hammond has accumulated an impressive net worth from her decades-long career in television. Some key points about her wealth include:
- As of 2023, Alison Hammond’s net worth is estimated to be around £2.5 million according to multiple net worth calculation websites.
- The bulk of her net worth has come from her salaries earned as a presenter and celebrity interviewer on shows like This Morning, Big Brother’s Bit on the Side and Loose Women.
- She likely commands six-figure salaries from these high-profile shows on British television.
- Additional income streams include reality television appearances, acting roles, endorsements and sponsorships on social media.
- With her continued popularity and busy schedule on British TV, Alison Hammond’s net worth will likely continue rising in coming years.
Early Life and Education
Alison was born on February 5th, 1975 in Birmingham, England. She had a difficult upbringing at times but has spoken lovingly of her early memories cooking with her beloved Jamaican grandmother.
- She attended Solihull College where she studied English, Performing Arts and Media Studies.
- Growing up, Alison held jobs as a cinema attendant, holiday representative and as a credit controller.
- Her media studies course sparked her interest in pursuing television presenting as a full-time career.
Rise to Fame on Big Brother
Alison Hammond shot to fame as a contestant on the third series of hit reality show Big Brother in 2002:
- She was evicted after 15 days but made a huge impression on viewers with her big personality.
- Memorable moments included dancing on the table enthusiastically and getting into heated debates.
- Her popularity saw her land 5th place out of the 24 housemates.
- After exiting Big Brother, she made appearances on shows like This Morning and hosted segments reflecting on her time on Big Brother.
Ongoing TV Career
After gaining notoriety from Big Brother 3, Alison was determined to establish an ongoing career as a presenter:
- She hosted ITV2 spinoff show Big Brother’s Big Mouth in 2004 before working on similar Big Brother companion shows.
- Alison has been a regular This Morning presenter and showbiz correspondent since 2003 – covering major celebrity interviews, movie premieres and show segments.
- She has co-hosted segments with major stars like Phillip Schofield, Dermot O’Leary and Ruth Langsford.
- Other shows she has appeared on regularly include Loose Women, Celebrity Fit Club and Strictly Come Dancing.
- Memorable interview moments include towering over Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson in heels while he presented her flowers.
Acting and Other Endeavours
Beyond being a top presenter, Alison Hammond has explored other creative talents over the years:
- She showed off impressive vocals on Big Star’s Little Star and Celebrity Karaoke Club.
- Appeared on short-lived soap opera Living Soap in 2008.
- Also competed on reality shows including I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here NOW! and Strictly Come Dancing in 2014.
- Published autobiography ‘You’ve Got to Laugh: Stories from a Life Lived to the Full in 2006. The book was a bestseller.
- Released the single ‘Yes We Can’ in 2008 written by UK songwriter Paul Wilson.
Alison Hammond’s Height and Weight Loss Journey
Alison Hammond has been open about her health and weight loss journey over the years:
- She currently stands at 5ft 9 inches (175 cm) tall.
- Her weight has fluctuated as she has struggled with obesity at times, once reaching over 20 stone (280 lbs).
- Alison lost a great deal of weight after competing on Strictly Come Dancing, shedding 6 stone (over 80 lbs).
- She became a Weight Watchers ambassador and cited shifting to healthier eating choices instead of strict dieting for her weight loss.
- Hammond has admitted it remains an ongoing health battle but shows off a positive, confident persona regardless of her size.
Alison Hammond’s Personal Life
While Alison remains notoriously private about her love life, a few details are known:
- She prefers to keep the identities of boyfriends and her teenage son Aiden’s father non-public.
- Rumoured to have been engaged to single father Jamie Savage who she met online in 2014. The relationship status dissolved around 2017.
- Close friends include fellow This Morning host Ruth Langsford who has offered support during tough times.
- Resides in a lovely home in Birmingham close to her parents and sisters. She refers to her mum as her best friend.
- Known for her very colourful and flamboyant sense of style mixing bright prints, sparkles and bold accessories.
Alison Hammond’s Age
As of 2023, Alison Hammond’s age is:
- She is currently 47 years old.
- Her date of birth is February 5, 1975.
- She was born in 1975 in Birmingham, England and is a proud Brummie.
- Alison was 27 years old when she first found fame on Big Brother 3 in 2002.
- Hard to believe two decades have passed since she first graced British television screens!
FAQs about Alison Hammond
Is Alison Hammond married?
No, as of 2023 Alison is not currently married. She has one teenage son named Aiden but prefers to keep her love life private and little is known publicly about past relationships.
What is Alison Hammond’s background?
Alison was born and raised in Birmingham to a Jamaican mother and Moroccan father. She has referred to her mixed-race background opening doors in the industry.
How much does Alison Hammond earn from This Morning?
Exact This Morning salaries are undisclosed but as a long-running anchor, she is rumoured to earn around £400,000 per year from the show.
What jobs did Alison have before being famous?
She worked regular jobs as a cinema attendant, holiday rep and credit controller before finding fame from Big Brother 3.
Who is Alison Hammond’s celebrity crush?
In a looselips interview she revealed hunky actor Jason Momoa as her all-time crush, even getting the chance to interview him.