Alessandra Ambrosio is a Brazilian supermodel and actress best known for being a Victoria’s Secret Angel from 2004 to 2017. She has graced many notable magazine covers, including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, ELLE, and GQ and appeared in ad campaigns for brands like Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren, and Armani Exchange.
Ambrosio has achieved incredible success in the modeling world and built up quite a fortune along the way. As of 2023, Alessandra Ambrosio’s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million.
|$7 Million +
|$0.6 Million +
|1.77 m (5 ft 9+1⁄2 in)
|Date Of Birth:
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Alessandra Ambrosio was born on April 11, 1981, in Erechim, Brazil. She always wanted to be a model from a very young age. By the time she was 12 years old, she was taking modeling classes and not long after she began competing in Brazil’s elite modeling pageants.
When Ambrosio was 15, she beat more than 700 other hopefuls and won Brazil’s ‘Elite Model Look’ competition. This major win launched her incredibly successful international modeling career. After signing with Elite, she made the move to New York City and Paris to begin working professionally in the industry.
Some of Ambrosio’s first notable modeling gigs were for major fashion brands like Ralph Lauren and Christian Dior. She soon rose to fame modeling for Guess? and appearing in their Fall 2000 ad campaign. This exposure helped springboard her into high fashion and editorial work.
Success with Victoria’s Secret & Other Ventures
In 2004, Alessandra signed an exclusive contract with Victoria’s Secret and officially earned her wings, becoming one of their iconic Angels. She walked in the world-famous Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show every year until 2017 and participated in several of their globally viewed campaigns.
Being an in-demand Victoria’s Secret Angel significantly boosted Ambrosio’s fame and salary over the years. During the peak of her Angel career, she was reportedly earning upwards of $5 million per year from the brand.
Outside of Victoria’s Secret, Ambrosio has enjoyed a diverse and robust modeling career. She’s done extensive print and runway modeling for an array of top designers and appeared in advertisements and on covers of major magazines like Vogue, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, and Marie Claire.
Ambrosio has also made minor forays into acting. She had cameo roles in movies like ‘Casino Royale’ and ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ as well as appearances in TV shows like ‘How I Met Your Mother’, ‘New Girl’ and ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’.
The supermodel has leveraged her celebrity success to create some business ventures as well. Ambrosio launched her own swimwear and lifestyle brand called Gal Floripa in 2018 alongside her sister and a close friend.
Personal Life & Relationships
In her personal life, Alessandra met American businessman Jamie Mazur in 2005. The two were engaged in 2008 and share two children together – a daughter, Anja Louise, born in 2008 and a son, Noah Phoenix, born in 2012. After being together for over 10 years, Ambrosio and Mazur called off their engagement in 2018.
Shortly after her split from Mazur, Ambrosio began dating Italian fashion designer and founder of the brand Alanui, Nicoló Oddi. The two reportedly dated from 2018 to mid-2020.
Most recently, it’s been reported that Ambrosio is dating fellow model Richard Lee. The two made their official red carpet debut as a couple in late 2021.
In her downtime, Alessandra is an advocate for several charitable organizations and causes close to her heart. She’s actively involved with and donated to organizations like Save the Children, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and the CFDA.
Alessandra Ambrosio Net Worth
According to multiple wealth reports, Alessandra Ambrosio’s net worth is approximately $20 million as of 2023.
The vast majority of her wealth comes from her decades-long modeling career. In her prime runway years walking for Victoria’s Secret, Ambrosio was considered one of the highest-paid models in the entire world. Forbes ranked her as the 6th highest-paid model in 2012 when she pulled in an impressive $6.6 million in just one year.
Additionally, Ambrosio earned millions throughout her career appearing in high-priced advertising campaigns for top fashion houses like Christian Dior, Prada, Ralph Lauren, and Armani Exchange. Major cosmetic brands like Revlon also paid her big money to represent them.
Outside of modeling, her fashion line Gal Floripa reportedly brings in over $1 million in annual revenue. Small acting roles and appearances have also added to her growing fortune over time.
With all her success still going strong today, Alessandra Ambrosio’s net worth will likely continue rising in the years to come through her remaining modeling gigs and expanding fashion brand.
Alessandra Ambrosio Age & Height
Full Name: Alessandra Corine Ambrósio
Born: April 11, 1981
Age: 41 years old
Height: 5’9” (175 cm)
Profession: Model, Actress, Fashion Designer
Ambrosio’s Diet and Fitness Routine
Despite being in her 40’s, Ambrosio still maintains a very strict diet and intense fitness regimen to stay runway ready.
For exercise, she trains intensely almost every day. Her workouts mix elements of Pilates, cardio, yoga, and strength training. Ambrosio also enjoys outdoor activities like hiking and surfing.
As far as her diet goes, the model tends to stick to eating very clean, whole foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins like chicken or fish, and healthy complex carbs like brown rice. She credits her plant-based, low-sugar diet for keeping her in such incredible shape even after having two kids.
To unwind and take care of her mental health, Ambrosio makes meditation, massage therapy, and restful sleep a regular part of her self-care routine as well. Keeping stress low and healing the body through relaxation contributes greatly to her sustained beauty and fitness over time.
Some of Ambrosio’s Career Highlights and Accomplishments
- Debuted on the Victoria’s Secret runway in 2000 and was contracted as an official Angel in 2004 until 2017
- Appeared in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows from 2000 to 2017, often as one of the most sought after models to wear the Fantasy Bra
- Was featured on People Magazine’s annual ‘100 Most Beautiful People in the World’ list multiple times, including ‘Most Beautiful Person in the World’ in 2014
- Named in Forbes’ ‘Top 10 Highest Paid Models’ list every year from 2008 to 2014
- Modeling contracts and representation with IMG Models and Elite Model Management spanning over 20 years
- Appeared in ad campaigns for prestigious brands like Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Louis Vuitton, Prada and many more big names in fashion
- Has graced the covers of over 70 international fashion magazines including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, and Marie Claire
- Made cameo appearances in major films like ‘Casino Royale’ and ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ as well as TV shows on HBO and the CW
- Launched her own swimwear and lifestyle line called Gal Floripa
Some Fun Facts About Alessandra Ambrosio
- Both of her parents descended from Italian families. While born in Brazil, Ambrosio holds Italian citizenship.
- She has a phobia of flying that limited her ability to travel for work early in her career. To try to overcome this, she took a flight training class once.
- Ambrosio served as the Channel 5 face of the London Olympics in 2012.
- For the record, she has always stated that the tabloids were wrong by claiming she had any plastic surgery procedures done. Her beauty is all natural.
- Outside of English and Portuguese, she also speaks basic Italian and Spanish.
- Alessandra has been involved in a lot of charity work. Causes most important to her include fighting cancer, ending multiple sclerosis, and supporting at-risk youth programs.
- She reportedly walked away from her lucrative contract with Victoria’s Secret because she wanted to retire from runway modeling on her own terms and spend more time with her family.
FAQs About Alessandra Ambrosio
What ethnicity is Alessandra Ambrosio?
Alessandra descend from Italian and Brazilian families. She holds dual citizenship between Italy and Brazil though was born in Erechim, Brazil.
How was Alessandra discovered as a model?
She was discovered at 12 years old in Brazil by a modeling scout while she was enrolled in modeling classes at her school. Her career took off professionally when she won Brazil’s Elite Model Look competition at 15 years old.